Distraction is everywhere! I am not the only one who has ever been sucked into the vortex of nonsense busyness. Getting caught up in distractions that keep you occupied but do not move you forward on the important things is a bad habit.
Distraction has been the one constant for everyone during these crazy times. These last two years have been jam-packed with them! I have to be vigilant to keep distractions from derailing me, and I bet you do too.
I got super-inspired last summer when I discovered, Atomic Habits, a book by James Clear. I have read (and listened) to the book several times now. As a result, I have been able to integrate “tiny habits” into my days. They’ve had a huge impact on my ability to finally get important things done. Thanks, James!
Earlier this month, I posted about the importance of goal setting and I shared some ideas on How to Build a Goal Setting Bootcamp. Maybe you’ve been too distracted to get the ball rolling on your goals for 2022.
Fear not, coaches! My friends at Coach Glue have just launched a new program that can move you from distraction to action! You can use this material for your own professional development, 0r you can customize it and share it with your coaching clients.
I guarantee you, they are feeling overwhelmed by competing priorities too. Why not help them focus? The program is called Distraction Action – How to Kick Your Distractions to the Curb and Increase Your Productivity.
This program will teach you (and your clients) how to:
- Set a Rock-Solid Schedule Deep Work & Focus On The Most Demanding Tasks
- Curate a Distraction-Proof Environment that Makes “Getting It Done” a Breeze
- Prep The Space–and The Brain–for Instant Brilliance
- Wrangle The Inbox (and Social Media) Into Total Submission
- Nix Notifications & Tee Up the (Right) Tech to Eliminate Interruptions (and Get Way More Done!)
There are so many ways that you can use this terrific content!
You can record a video or host a webinar using the script and then package up your training with the workbook and sell it on your website. I know many coaches who are having a lot of success with video, especially those who are active on Facebook. They reach a big audience and help a lot of people this way.
The workbook can be a great resource on its own, without video. It can be a learning tool for you, or you can brand it and sell it on your website, or even gift it to your clients. You could also record audio using the script and package it up with the workbook for sale, or for a give-away.
Here are some other ideas for the content:
- Create new a product and include it as a bonus for one of your other courses.
- Use the content to create new training for your membership program.
- Create a new product and use it as an upsell or cart bump offer.
- Use the content to create your new training, if you’ve been invited to teach at an online summit or event.
- Use the video script as the outline for a new book.
- Add the workbook to one of your other products or courses as a bonus.
- Use the content to create a VIP day around the topic of this package, and give your clients a copy of the workbook.
Those of you who are credentialed, or credentialing members of the International Coaching Federation know that Maintains Presence is one of the eight Coach Core Competencies. In my work as a Mentor Coach, I emphasize the importance of remaining focused in coaching conversations. Getting a handle on the ability to manage distractions is fundamental to cultivating this competency.
This material can help you do just that! Take a look at the full program: How to Kick Your Distractions to the Curb and Increase Your Productivity
Author: Cathy ShaughnessyCathy Shaughnessy is a PRISM award winning ICF Master Certified Coach and ICF Assessor. Cathy coaches senior leaders, mentors credentialed coaches, trains fledgeling coaches and helps organizations build strong coaching cultures. Cathy recommends lots of great tools for coaches. You can find them here. Click the image below to download the Free Easy Tracking Form for Coaches and get tools and resources from Cathy!
Cathy Shaughnessy is a PRISM award winning ICF Master Certified Coach and ICF Assessor. Cathy coaches senior leaders, mentors credentialed coaches, trains fledgeling coaches and helps organizations build strong coaching cultures. Cathy recommends lots of great tools for coaches. You can find them here.