In my last post, I shared how to use done-for-you content if you are a coach, as a way to help your clients and build your practice. In this post, I’ll share an example.
If you are a regular visitor to this blog, or you are a subscriber receiving my coaching tips and tools via email, you already know that my BIG GOAL is to help coaches.
There are a lot of ways that I do this work. As a mentor, I evaluate coaching and provide feedback in alignment with the International Coach Federation coach core competencies. I also run strategy sessions, to help coaches create action plans for submitting credential applications.
Of course, I am also a certified Executive Coach and MCC, with a full roster of my own clients, and I run my business as a solopreneur. That means I have a mountain of experience (much acquired by trial and error) in coaching and in practice building. And THAT means I get a lot of questions from coaches on what has worked for me.
I fully recognize that what works for me may not work for you. But, in the spirit of collegiality I always pass it on anyway. Hopeful that sharing my discoveries can help other coaches in some small way. Heck, in some BIG way too!!
Alright, enough preamble. Let’s get down to the purpose of this post. Done-for-you content. Here’s an example that builds on my last post on the topic of done-for-you. I’m bulleting the key points so you can easily follow my process.
- So, I’ve been using Coach Glue materials for a while now. I love the professionalism of the material. I signed up to their site years ago, so that I would receive new material as it is released. I also signed up for the VIP program.
- For the last two weeks, Coach Glue has been running a promotion that provides deep discounts on some of their most popular programs.
- I shared these programs and offers with my coach subscribers through my email list of coaches who have opted-in for email from me.
- Since this is a daily offer program, my subscribers received daily emails from me for a number of days. This is much more than my usual timeline of once or twice a month.
- Most subscribers loved the deals. Some of them really reacted to the frequency (oops) and unsubscribed (dang).
- I responded by offering an option for subscribers to opt-in to the Daily Deals emails promotion, so only those interested in that promotion would receive it.
- Most did. My subscribers are happier 😀
- The deal of the day was a module called How To Recognize and Heal from Business Burnout
- This is an issue that many of my own coaching clients struggle with, so I downloaded this module myself – this is super-helpful content to share with my clients, especially at this time of year. I will be branding some of the material and sending it out to my clients. I’ll share helpful snippets through a few of my social media channels. I’ve got it on my webinar development list for the future too.
- It is also a topic of importance for my self development (yes, I get overloaded sometimes too), so I printed the material to add to my professional development binder
- I drafted and sent a message to my email subscribers who opted in to the Daily Deals, sharing this offer with them (remember, only send to subscribers who have opted in to your emails)
- I am writing this blog post, to share this offer with you.
That’s it, that’s all! One done-for-you module has provided HUGE value for me, and for my clients. And that, my friends, is how I use done-for-you content to help my clients and to build my coaching practice.
I hope this post has been helpful to you. Please be sure to reach out if you have comments. I would love to hear from you!
In the meantime, if you have some interest in maximizing the many ways you can help your clients, I encourage you to give done-for-you content a try!
You can find lots of options at Coach Glue!
If you’d like me to send you more tips, tools and templates for building your coaching practice (direct to your inbox). You can do that here.
Author: Cathy Shaughnessy
Cathy Shaughnessy is a PRISM award winning ICF Master Certified Coach and author of the book series The Really Competent Coach. Cathy coaches senior leaders, mentors credentialed coaches, trains fledgling coaches and helps organizations build strong coaching cultures.
Download the Free Easy Tracking Form for Coaches and get tools and resources from Cathy!