It’s Day Fifteen of my Twenty-One Tools post series! Today, you can download the W4 Form for Successful TED -TEDx Talks by Sam Horn
Did you know there are over 2800 TED Talks posted on the TED Talks website? I did. That’s mostly because I have watched a lot of them. And, I do mean A LOT. It never feels like I’m wasting time mindlessly staring a screen when I am binging on TED Talks. So much to learn, so little time! But, what about if you are the one doing the presenting? Surely presenting a TED Talk is not nearly as easy as watching one. That’s true and that’s where this little tool will definitely be an important one to add to your toolbox. Especially if planning and delivering successful TED Talks is in your future.
Today’s download is from Sam Horn, a TEDx speaker and author of the book Got Your Attention: How to Create Intrigue and Connect with Anyone. It’s an important read for anyone who needs to make a favourable impression and win over an audience during a pitch, a presentation or a simple one on one meeting. Her tools are designed to get you on point and keep you there. The W4 form in this download is one of many tools in her book.
Here is a clip of Sam delivering her own TEDx talk
Benefits: The W4 Form for Successful TED – TEDx Talks by Sam Horn
- Crystallize your pitch for a TED-TEDx talk into one concise, compelling page
- Create a title and one sentence What if? “hook” for your TED – TEDx talk that intrigued people and motivated them to watch it?
- Read the audience’s mind and make your talk so universally relevant, it resonated with everyone in the room?
- Clarify your top three measurable outcomes for the talk to increase the likelihood of them happening?
- You can! Sam Horn’s W4 Form has already helped many people dol the above – it can help you do the same
Register for WBECS 2018. It starts on September 6th. I’ve selected the Executive Speed Pass so that I can have access to the slides, recordings and transcripts too. Come join me!
Remember, this is not the only post with a downloadable professional development tool from WBECS 2018. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled. I’ll be posting 21 tools in 21 days. Enjoy!
Author: Cathy Shaughnessy
Cathy Shaughnessy is a PRISM award winning ICF Master Certified Coach and author of the book series The Really Competent Coach. Cathy coaches senior leaders, mentors credentialed coaches, trains fledgling coaches and helps organizations build strong coaching cultures.
Download the Free Easy Tracking Form for Coaches and get tools and resources from Cathy!