It’s Day Ten of my Twenty-One Tools post series! Today, you can download The Hope-Driven Leader: Harness the Power of Positivity at Work by Libby Gil.
If you’ve been following the blog, you’ve now got nine awesome tools from this year’s WBECS speakers. Yay you! Now, you can add one more to your toolbox and learn about the hope-driven leader!
You can get started using them right away or file them for later. I’ve set up a WBECS binder on Evernote to keep everything easily handy and in order. Plus, I can access the material from all my devices, which means I can make great use of otherwise aggravating downtime (waiting for… appointments, flights, kid curfews).
I’ve even decided to get the WBECS Executive Speed Pass for the full summit so I can download transcripts and slides to add to my binder for each session.
This is the first year that I have committed to making full use of all of the WBECS tools and I am amazed at the resources that I didn’t even realize were available. It seems to me that there are even more now than ever. Anyway, back to today’s offering. Tool number ten is a full chapter of Libby Gil’s book, The Hope-Driven Leader: Harness the Power of Positivity at Work.
I first learned about Libby when I read her book You Unstuck: Mastering the New Rules of Risk-Taking in Work and Life. I loved her matter-of-fact style and what she wrote about resonated with me in a big way at the time. Particularly because I happened to be…wait for it…stuck. Yes, we coaches get stuck sometimes too!
Everyone gets stuck. It’s part of being human. Maybe you’re stuck in your career, finances, health or relationships. Or maybe life dealt you a bad blow like a layoff or divorce. The real question is this: What are you going to do about it? – Libby Gil
There were many tools and strategies in the book that got me thinking, planning, taking action and pulling out of the ditch once and for all. What I loved about the book most, was its focus techniques. Libby promises these right from the start.
You Unstuck is designed to give you the hope and tools to get you past your sticking points. Hope because that’s the one thing you can’t afford to lose if you’re going to succeed in work and life. Tools because the process of life change is so thoroughly misunderstood, you may have been going at it all wrong. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be stuck right now, would you? It’s like trying to change a flat tire without a jack. The more you try, the more hopeless you feel and the more hopeless you feel, the more stuck you are. I want to help you change all that.
Alrighty, so that was a bit about Libby Gil and her work. Now, back to the complimentary download. It’s a full chapter from her latest book!
Here is a sneak peek…two of Libby’s Seven Signals that You’re Settling:
1. You have a dream or goal stuck way in the back of your head, but you never seem to take any action toward it. Maybe it’s changing careers, starting a business, having a child, or running a marathon. It’s like an earworm, also known as stuck song syndrome or musical imagery repetition (and, no, I didn’t make up those terms), that catchy melody or unforgettable lyric that you can’t get out of your mind long after the music stops playing. You try to ignore it, but it’s always in the background, drumming that beat in your head and heart.
2. You’re living the someday syndrome, keeping your goal in the later-on-in-life category. Guess what? You don’t know how long you have on this earth. Do you really want to wait around to see if you manage to squeeze in something you know in your heart of hearts is truly meaningful to you?
The Hope-Driven Leader: Harness the Power of Positivity at Work
- Discover the difference between hope, happiness, and optimism – and why hope’s future-focused vision make it the critical difference in organizational success.
- Learn why high-hope people set more goals, identify goals which are harder to attain, and are more successful at reaching their goals than low-hope people.
- Master practical methods for creating a culture of engagement by “feeding hope,” rather than starving it, in your team and organization
Are you ready to ramp up your learning? Come join me and register for WBECS 2018.
Oh, and in case you’ve missed it, here is a link to some complimentary recordings of the top WBECS sessions from the pre-summit.
Remember, this is not the only post with a downloadable professional development tool from WBECS 2018. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled. I’ll be posting 21 tools in 21 days. Enjoy!
Author: Cathy Shaughnessy
Cathy Shaughnessy is a PRISM award winning ICF Master Certified Coach and author of the book series The Really Competent Coach. Cathy coaches senior leaders, mentors credentialed coaches, trains fledgling coaches and helps organizations build strong coaching cultures.
Download the Free Easy Tracking Form for Coaches and get tools and resources from Cathy!